Do You Have a Personal Real Estate Agent?
If you’re planning on buying a home, you may have already done some shopping around on your own. Perhaps you’ve checked out a few open houses or called the number on a “For Sale” sign to schedule a viewing of that property.
Yes, you can do all of that on your own, if you have the time and expertise. However, statistics prove that you’ll be more successful in finding your dream home at the right price and terms when you work with your own personal real estate agent.
A real estate agent, especially one who knows the local market well (like I do), can help you find and buy your ideal home, quickly, and make the entire process go smoothly for you. During a showing, I give you the inside scoop on that home, so you know the full story. I will also point out desirable features, and potential “issues”, that you might otherwise miss.
When it comes time to make an offer, I will present and negotiate it on your behalf. The seller’s agent is legally obliged to work in the seller’s best interests – not yours.
That’s why I am a Master Certified Negotiation Expert. You benefit from the education I’ve done.
When I work with buyers, I get paid only when you buy. On top of that, the seller pays me from the purchase price – so you don’t pay any more to get all of the benefits of working with me!
Bottom line: I am here for you, every step of the way. At least, that’s how I work with my clients.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
When buying a home, you want a real estate agent who…
- Takes the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your home buying journey.
- Explains everything clearly and answers your questions, so you’re never in the dark.
- Has expertise and a track record of success in the local market.
- Knows how to find great properties in your price range.
- Will alert you to new listings, quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
- Will advise you on the best price to offer for the home you want.
- Will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
- Will save you potentially thousands of dollars by ensuring you don’t overpay for the property you want.
- Will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you may need.
Not every real estate agent offers all of these services. My clients say that I do. They also tell me how much they appreciate my professionalism, expertise and accessibility.
The best way to select the right real estate agent, is to meet with him or her in person. Ask questions. See if there is a good fit.
To schedule an appointment with me, send me a text, email, or call. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form on this page and I’ll get back to you.